Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Pay Citibank Credit Card Bill from DBS?

Minime, You Complete Me

How to Pay Citibank Credit Card Bill from DBS?

hey guys..I have internet banking with DBS and hope to use it to pay my Citibank credit card bills with it? How ah?

Or what other alternatives are there?

I dont have a citibank cash account, just a credit card from them..

your average triathlete
    cornball
    you can actually pay your Citibank credit card bills using AXS machine.
    Support the championing of Ironman!:

Prely
    You must apply through Citibank internet banking to transfer funds from your DBS to your citibank credit card account. I have done that for my citibank credit card. I transfer from my UOB bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornball
    hey guys..I have internet banking with DBS and hope to use it to pay my Citibank credit card bills with it? How ah?

Or what other alternatives are there?

I dont have a citibank cash account, just a credit card from them..

yes, you can. My wife is paying her citibank c/c bill using her POSB bank thru citibank's website. I think you need to make a one-time application to kick start it.

Login to your citibank a/c or give their CS a call.

Ya, if you want to pay thru the internet, you can only pay thru Citibank's site, not DBS's site. But then, the money sometimes take a few days to register with Citibank, so if you're pushing the deadline, AXS is still more convenient and faster.
    Q: Which is worse? Ignorance or apathy?

A: I don't know and I don't care.

Minime, You Complete Me
    i logged into Citibank Online that day but didnt really see the link.. maybe later go and see again..dont we all love the internet and the conveniences it offers?

A related question: Can I pay my UOB credit card from my DBS/POSB account ? I don't have a UOB account.

my Citibank CC is paid through my DBS/POSB account via GIRO arrangement. just have to apply once.
    The future is bright, the future is Lilywhite!

ar5ena1 & w19an are historical!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornball
    i logged into Citibank Online that day but didnt really see the link.. maybe later go and see again..dont we all love the internet and the conveniences it offers?
    iirc, the link is not something called "bill payment" but something like "transfer money from another bank".

When I applied to make inter-bank fund transfer a few years back it took a while and was a bit of a hassle. But once it's set up I guess quite convenient lor.
    Q: Which is worse? Ignorance or apathy?

A: I don't know and I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by minee
    Ya, if you want to pay thru the internet, you can only pay thru Citibank's site, not DBS's site. But then, the money sometimes take a few days to register with Citibank, so if you're pushing the deadline, AXS is still more convenient and faster.
    AXS is very convenient, hardly any queue and can pay anytime. I used to go back to pay, so troublesome must queue, fill in form, pay cash. I always pay on the due date through AXS, never got penalised. However there was one time they did fine me for late payment in my statement but the date of transaction indicated was within the due date so they waived it.
    "To Strive to Seek, To Find and Not To Yield."my digital stuff|IM me!

can u use a credit card to pay for a credit card bill? heh
    Views or opinions expressed by the author are that of the author and do not represent his organization or SPUG. No part of this posting may be reproduced without the author's expressed permission.

::: The Blur Jedi ::: JediRogue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeZ
    can u use a credit card to pay for a credit card bill? heh
    can....it's a time old solution to paying credit card bill payments. cos the billing period differs from card/bank to card/bank.

BUT if not careful, can find yourself in a heap of mess & confusion with your bills lah...so gotta be mindful of what you're paying with which card.

anywayz, i find AXS a better & easier solution for paying credit card bills...
    What's Sharper? Your Sword or Your Wit?

" If A = Success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
    X is Work. Y is Play. Z is keep your mouth shut. "
    -- Albert Einstein --

AXS is convenient but for those traveling a lot, internet banking is still the most feasible. So far, I quite like Citibank online statement for me to vet through and pull my funds from OCBC to pay for my Citibank credit card.
    CB, minee's instructions should point you to the application for the fund transfer. It normally takes around 2~3 weeks for it to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by JediRogue
    can....it's a time old solution to paying credit card bill payments. cos the billing period differs from card/bank to card/bank.

BUT if not careful, can find yourself in a heap of mess & confusion with your bills lah...so gotta be mindful of what you're paying with which card.

anywayz, i find AXS a better & easier solution for paying credit card bills...
    how do you pay for credit card bills using a credit card? axs stations only accept nets and most people pay cash at the bank's CDM.....

and by paying in such a way, wouldn't it be a super duper "reward points" multiplying scheme?!
    Views or opinions expressed by the author are that of the author and do not represent his organization or SPUG. No part of this posting may be reproduced without the author's expressed permission.

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeZ
    how do you pay for credit card bills using a credit card? axs stations only accept nets and most people pay cash at the bank's CDM.....

and by paying in such a way, wouldn't it be a super duper "reward points" multiplying scheme?!
    Yeah, if its possible you can roll your money indefinitely also. ie. B credit card pay C credit card then C credit card pay B credit card.
    "To Strive to Seek, To Find and Not To Yield."my digital stuff|IM me!