Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: Anyone knows how much is california fitness gym membership rates??

  1. #1
    hamtaro
    Guest

    Anyone knows how much is california fitness gym membership rates??

    Anyone knows how much is california gym fitness membership rates??or is there any better gyms out there to reccomend?post here and the rates,pros and cons eg.very crowded etc.

  2. #2
    Reloaded Watch Count: 5 Silverelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    23,772
    Rates at cali depends on your proficiency in bargaining. I'm serious.

    Not sure about crowds though I hear it's pretty bad.
    What if the Prophecy is true?

    What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn’t that worth fighting for? Isn’t that worth dying for?

    ***************************************************
    KRANK??? Ich bin nicht Krank! Ich bin Verrucht aber nicht Krank!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    10,847
    really depends on your experience, goals & budget.

    if u hv ZERO experience in resistance & cardio training, then probably join one of the larger/commercial gyms eg california fitness.

    PROS: u can get a personal trainer who can tailor a customised program for u. he or she can also coach u & push u.

    CONS: expensive in the long run. after about 3 - 6 mths, u dont need a personal trainer any more if u r really into body-building/fitness kind of thing. u can get lots of training tips online as well as fr other more experienced members.

    if u hv some experience in training with weights etc & want to train in an OK gym, then just join any of the sports council gyms in the HDB estates. much cheaper compared to those commercialised gyms.
    Completely gave up on Palm, now using iPhone

  4. #4
    Too sexy! AKA Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,487
    Quote Originally Posted by gckh
    really depends on your experience, goals & budget.

    if u hv ZERO experience in resistance & cardio training, then probably join one of the larger/commercial gyms eg california fitness.

    PROS: u can get a personal trainer who can tailor a customised program for u. he or she can also coach u & push u.

    CONS: expensive in the long run. after about 3 - 6 mths, u dont need a personal trainer any more if u r really into body-building/fitness kind of thing. u can get lots of training tips online as well as fr other more experienced members.

    if u hv some experience in training with weights etc & want to train in an OK gym, then just join any of the sports council gyms in the HDB estates. much cheaper compared to those commercialised gyms.
    Personal trainers costs a bomb!

    California fitness is always **** packed. Go check out Planet fitness or if you have the moolah to spend. Fitness First is not so crowded. However it is pricey though. About $140 a month. The plus side is you just bring your shoe bag along, everything else, they provide.
    ___________________________________
    In the end, we’re all alone and no one is coming to save you - John Reese

  5. #5
    victaru
    Guest
    or u could join SAFRA's EnergyOne gym, 30 bucks for 1 month, no personal trainers though..

    if you wan training programs can go see EAS website, i remember seeing some 1 year general training plan

  6. #6
    Emeritus Dementor apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    56,438
    Quote Originally Posted by hamtaro
    Anyone knows how much is california gym fitness membership rates??or is there any better gyms out there to reccomend?post here and the rates,pros and cons eg.very crowded etc.
    http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/94376997

    duhz

    http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/96477017

    duh duhz
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.” ― Martha Gellhorn

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    10,847
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Lance
    Personal trainers costs a bomb!

    California fitness is always **** packed. Go check out Planet fitness or if you have the moolah to spend. Fitness First is not so crowded. However it is pricey though. About $140 a month. The plus side is you just bring your shoe bag along, everything else, they provide.
    got some cheap ones lah - those who r starting out in the biz.... but who already hv lots of training experience...

    anyway, my advice is either to train at home if u can afford to buy a home gym (& hv enough room for it) or just join one of the sports council gyms.

    last time i've joined gold's gym, world's gym, nautilus etc..... IMO all about the same. once u hv the experience in resistance & cardio training, u dont really need a trainer/coach unless u plan to enter bodybuilding competitions.....
    Completely gave up on Palm, now using iPhone

  8. #8
    Minime, You Complete Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    24,158
    how come u ask so rudely one?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Lance
    Personal trainers costs a bomb!

    California fitness is always **** packed. Go check out Planet fitness or if you have the moolah to spend. Fitness First is not so crowded. However it is pricey though. About $140 a month. The plus side is you just bring your shoe bag along, everything else, they provide.
    Shoe bag only??? clothes & towels leh?
    Panadoll

    I Am Nt SoTonG! I Am OnLy SoTonG be'CoZ I'Am With PpL Who R SoTonG!!!

  10. #10
    Emeritus Dementor apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    56,438
    unker... u spent so much $$ to beo gers. go area G free preview lah.
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.” ― Martha Gellhorn

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    10,847
    Quote Originally Posted by victaru
    or u could join SAFRA's EnergyOne gym, 30 bucks for 1 month, no personal trainers though..

    if you wan training programs can go see EAS website, i remember seeing some 1 year general training plan
    EAS website is useless unless u get the book.... & take the supplements, all of which cost a bomb!!

    u want training routines try this site:

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html
    Completely gave up on Palm, now using iPhone

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    10,847
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo
    unker... u spent so much $$ to beo gers. go area G free preview lah.
    last time when i was younger i was into bodybuilding lah..... now lau unker liao, exercise to keep fit only...... simi beo gers?? more to make sure i dont kena all the illnesses that come with middle age lah.....
    Completely gave up on Palm, now using iPhone

  13. #13
    victaru
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gckh
    EAS website is useless unless u get the book.... & take the supplements, all of which cost a bomb!!

    u want training routines try this site:

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html
    interesting site... *bookmark

    yea, supplements cost a bomb...now taking myoplex delux, the nutrition shake, $104 for 18 packs! and its recommended 2-3servings daily...

    siao...like dat 1 month close to 1k just for those...

    if got the $$$, i'll follow their recommendation..but since i'm not rich, i'm just taking the shake post-gym..

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    10,847
    Quote Originally Posted by panadoll
    Shoe bag only??? clothes & towels leh?
    want to pay so much for wat?? u go to the sports council gym only $2.50 per entry leh...... 1yr membership about $350 or so only....

    shoes, towels & clothes - u can bring them yourself lah.....

    if u want to throw $$$ hor but dunno where to throw, give to this unker here lah!!
    Completely gave up on Palm, now using iPhone

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    10,847
    Quote Originally Posted by victaru
    interesting site... *bookmark

    yea, supplements cost a bomb...now taking myoplex delux, the nutrition shake, $104 for 18 packs! and its recommended 2-3servings daily...

    siao...like dat 1 month close to 1k just for those...

    if got the $$$, i'll follow their recommendation..but since i'm not rich, i'm just taking the shake post-gym..
    u DONT NEED all the supplements.... period.

    the only supplement that i would recommend is whey protein - get the cheapest brand in the market.... whey protein is whey protein, watever the brand. take it after your workouts.

    u want lots of cheap & good protein? take egg whites or canned tuna in water (low sodium). 1 can (ayam brand) only $1.86 at NTUC - about 40 grams of protein. 1 egg minus the yoke - about 4 - 5 grams of protein.....

    your body cant tell the difference where your protein comes fr - so just stick to good quality & cheap sources of natural protein. if u hv the cash, by all means buy a protein supplement. when i was in my 20s, i've made good gains w/o supplements at all; egg whites, tuna & powdered skim milk.....
    Completely gave up on Palm, now using iPhone

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •