Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for Dentist

Re: Recommendation for Dentist

Ok, today brought wife to clementi to try NTUC DENTICARE.
    Dr XXX

NTUC Member get a good discount. (about 25%)
    Charges:
    Dental consumables : $1.87
    Consultation : $11.21
    Scaling & Polishing - Level 1 - $46.73
    Total + 7% = $62.00
    Time spent = 20 mins.

Observations,
    1) Got a valid Patient Record Card immediately upon registration. Doc wrote down treatment done on wife.
    2) Dr Name printed on reciept.

Overall:
    1) Good professional.
    2) Good service, as we are 1st timer, with no appointment. We went early to wait for the clinic to open, at 8.55am.
    Dr XXX came and start on us asap as he has another appointment at 9am.
    Good explaination of wife's dental conditions, with mirrors and graphic charts.
    3) Advise 6 months interval is ok for next treatment.

Quite happy!
    One thing i learnt abt life, is that no matter wat happens! it GOES ON!

thank you for promo.... aunty lucy

so embarrassing.
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.” ― Martha Gellhorn

haha!

Okay, went to St Andrew's... Super posh.... :s
    Dun tink I can afford to go there on a regular basis if not covered under AIA.... :s
    But the doc is not bad la...
    Removed a wisdom tooth, going bac to remove the stitch next wk....
    Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you.
    - Mother Teresa

remove wisdom tooth is $400? :O

Just realised I have not visited dentist in almost 20 years.
    "To Strive to Seek, To Find and Not To Yield."my digital stuff|IM me!

vivastar

Hi Mzlin, does the aia dental panel cover removal of wisdom tooth too? how much did u pay in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by vivastar View Post
    Hi Mzlin, does the aia dental panel cover removal of wisdom tooth too? how much did u pay in the end?
    wah..... u registered juz to ask me tat??

anyway..... they do, so i din pay anything...
    Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you.
    - Mother Teresa

vivastar

yes i did. hahaha coz i called another clinic n they said aia dental care (im under e prog too) dun cover that

Quote Originally Posted by vivastar View Post
    yes i did. hahaha coz i called another clinic n they said aia dental care (im under e prog too) dun cover that
    ask ur coy hr for the list of panel dentist... they shd hav it...
    - Mother Teresa

jon

Hi ppl. I have some visible gum problems. Some friends were telling me it was getting worse. Fearing it was gum cancer(ya i'm a bit paranoid when it comes to this things), I quickly walked into Raffles Dental at Causeway Point Woodlands after lunch. Luckily they had a slot for me despite their busy schedule. The dentist who attended to me(pretty young lady) thought I was joking when I dropped the bomb on her, "I think I have gum cancer!!!!" Anyway, after putting some of her equipment in my mouth, she told me I just had a lot of plaque and tartar deposits on my teeth and gums and that was causing the gum problems. She said she can carry on to do "root planing" for me, at the cost of $140 per quadrant. After almost an hour of drilling and digging, my upper teeth were free of plaque and tartar. Thats 2 quadrants. Total damage:- 140x2 + 30(consultation) + gst = $331.70 !!!
    In my 27 yrs of life, this is the most I've spent on a 1 time healthcare visit. I still have to do the same procedure for my lower teeth, that's another 2 quadrants. Anyone with similar experiences or otherwise can recommend a cheaper alternative? Pocket burning...

just to rant...

went to national dental center last week amidst the heavy downpour. wait almost 1/2 hour to see the dentist. a cold souless bugger. who partly resemble CSJ. reallee he do.

put through the process of checking teeth, then sent out to x ray. and when return, he said in such sober manner, i tot someone he knew must hv died. gg into the story, he exprain the crown for the molar will set me back by $1400, plus plus plus. plus $300 if there r emergency surgery for the gum. etc. no cpf. i must hv shafted him btwn the legs when i asked if the molar could be removed instead... he does a capitalist stare and say this may b cosmetic disaster, etc then choked to say it is reallee not an issue as i hv enough molar. the pain of losing $$ must hv hurting. the nurse at the reception who took note of my acceptance for this surgery then exprain it would take a farking 11 months waiting. like wat the fark... the baby would hv celebrated his full month by then.

today, i managed to get a price fr Q&M... only $400-600. damned...and it's only 4 month wait.

i was nearly robbed.
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.” ― Martha Gellhorn

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    put through the process of checking teeth, then sent out to x ray. and when return, he said in such sober manner, i tot someone he knew must hv died.
    fler was getting into character

gg into the story, he exprain the crown for the molar will set me back by $1400, plus plus plus. plus $300 if there r emergency surgery for the gum. etc.

lucky he neber mentioned the all magic word

"implants"

tat one is print money business
    hootie

http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/S...28-265787.html

Healthcare to remain affordable for all S'poreans: minister
    Mon, Feb 28, 2011
    AsiaOne
    i tot u posting this one.

just to rant...

went to national dental center last week amidst the heavy downpour. wait almost 1/2 hour to see the dentist. a cold souless bugger. who partly resemble CSJ. reallee he do.

put through the process of checking teeth, then sent out to x ray. and when return, he said in such sober manner, i tot someone he knew must hv died. gg into the story, he exprain the crown for the molar will set me back by $1400, plus plus plus. plus $300 if there r emergency surgery for the gum. etc. no cpf. i must hv shafted him btwn the legs when i asked if the molar could be removed instead... he does a capitalist stare and say this may b cosmetic disaster, etc then choked to say it is reallee not an issue as i hv enough molar. the pain of losing $$ must hv hurting. the nurse at the reception who took note of my acceptance for this surgery then exprain it would take a farking 11 months waiting. like wat the fark... the baby would hv celebrated his full month by then.

today, i managed to get a price fr Q&M... only $400-600. damned...and it's only 4 month wait.

i was nearly robbed.
    Hi Apollo

You serious about getting the above done? I have a personal friend who is one of the big time dentist in Singapore. I can intro you and get you scheduled in much faster than that. Price wise I am not sure, but he charges fair market rates - and I'm sure he'll give you a discount since intro by me. You can get him to quote and see if you interested before committing. Let me know if keen.
    You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?