Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: STForum: Frolicking gymnasts' bare antics a real eyesore

Re: STForum: Frolicking gymnasts' bare antics a real eyesore

Quote Originally Posted by Kena Sabo View Post
    farney!!

I wonder if I made such a comment about me going to Bishan Hall to see young nubile female gymnasts in their tight tutus - what would happen to me, and what comments I would get from that "neutral" but totally despairing gang.
    Can post pics? If there are young nubile female gymnasts in their tight tuts in Bishan stadium, I'll enrol my kid there.

I guess that also answer your question: Nothing would happen to you. Sure, you'll get snide comments, just like there are snide comments on the Forum letter. But that's freedom of expression.
    罪隙矿人

This George person is conservative, which can be a good thing. Our society is in danger of blindly following everything liberal and American.

I have no problems with what happening at Bishan sports hall, from what I read from his desription, but when other people have a problem; or are uncomfortable, we should be sensitive. What's the problem with dressing decently; even if one does not think dressing in below pelvis clothes is not indecent?

What's wrong with tattoos? what's wrong with nose rings, lips studs, tongue studs, naval and genital studs, etc? Nothing, and everything.

The question here is whether we want to be an individualistic (western; american) or collective (Asian) society. Given the powerful American TV and media influence, I think most young people would prefer following the west.

What's wrong with premarital sex? Nothing, and everything.

What's wrong with having sex with your boyfriend and videoing it on your mobile? Nothing and everything. What's wrong with marrying 5 times and divorcing 4 times?

Morals? Whose?

Liberal or conservative? What's wrong with swinging? Everything and nothing. Free sex? What's wrong? I can almost hear the Western educated youth say, "it is normal" in the country where I got my degree. Education = Liberal?

I remember reading about how playboy magazine recruited University graduates to past nude (this was in 1970's). How shocked some people were, but gradually came to accept and even girls vie for it as a prestigious assignment.

I look at this as an east versus west, conservative vs liberal. Let's not casually laugh away his concerns, which I feel is valid.
    What you say has some truth to it. But in a secular society with a diverse social mix, everyone needs to live and let live. East vs West is too simplistic. Even East vs East doesn't fully cover it.

Hold true to your own beliefs. Challenge them from time to time if need be. Respect the beliefs of others, especially if you disagree.
    Q: Which is worse? Ignorance or apathy?

A: I don't know and I don't care.

The point is - there is NOTHING wrong with the gymnasts' outfits, male or female (although I am sure female gymnasts won't be wearing tutus). If you're pervy, and enrol your kids there so that you can ogle... That's your prerogative and no blame can be assigned to the gymnasts. To write a self-righteous letter like Mr George Lim did? Inexcusable, really.
    Vong. Vong. Vong.

My movie review website

Quote Originally Posted by sigh View Post
    Can post pics?
    This video can?
    http://www.straitstimes.com:80/Break...1.html?vgnmr=1

But seriously, thanks for your posts - fair and nice

This is a serious question.

Can anyone provide a link to a picture of the so-called 'loose trunks' mentioned in the first letter?

Searching Google Images with 'gymnastics loose trunks' didn't seem useful. Is there a technical name for this attire mentioned?

This video can?
    http://www.straitstimes.com:80/Break...1.html?vgnmr=1

But seriously, thanks for your posts - fair and nice
    Wow that bus driver is a dumbass! Who doesn't have caller ID these days? Or was he trying to call his wife and called the woman by mistake?
    Last edited by despair; 3rd July 2009 at 09:56 AM.
    Vong. Vong. Vong.

My movie review website

Minime, You Complete Me

Quote Originally Posted by despair View Post
    Wow that bus driver is a dumbass! Who doesn't have caller ID these days? Or was he trying to call his wife and called the woman by mistake?
    He's not a bus driver! He's a soccer player! He dives!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornball View Post
    He's not a bus driver! He's a soccer player! He dives!
    Oops Read too fast hahahaha...
    Vong. Vong. Vong.

My movie review website

Screaming No-nos

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint888 View Post
    This is a well thought out piece. Instead of writing knee jerk rebuttals, one should read and understand what Kena Sabo has written here. One may form one's own conclusions... but should not diss others for their freedom of thought.
    I ABSOLUTELY concur with you TheSaint888. This is a brilliant and well thought out piece. For a moron.

I suppose we should warn all asians about swimming pools -- full of scantily clad wimmens and mens and omg children! Think of the chirrun!!! Do we want little boys and little girls faffing about nearly nude?

Quote Originally Posted by fimo View Post
    I ABSOLUTELY concur with you TheSaint888. This is a brilliant and well thought out piece. For a moron.

I suppose we should warn all asians about swimming pools -- full of scantily clad wimmens and mens and omg children! Think of the chirrun!!! Do we want little boys and little girls faffing about nearly nude?
    Like really, just because one is swimming doesn't mean one has to wear bikinis, skintight swimming trunks/costumes that barely cover up. I've hiked at waterfalls in Malaysia and the dress code is as seen below:

HENSHIN.................. Decade's Avatar

Wear loose cannot... now wear tight also dangerous

Top Italian swimmer in tears after being disqualified when her hi-tech skinsuit bursts open at the rear
    By Mail Foreign Service
    Last updated at 3:17 PM on 02nd July 2009
    Comments (20) Add to My Stories It's the wardrobe malfunction to end them all.

Italian Olympic swimmer Flavia Zoccari was forced to sit out a championship race at the Mediterranean Games yesterday after her bathing costume burst open in a very unfortunate place.
    Flavia, 22, was wearing the controversial £318 top-of-the-line Jaked J01 swimsuit when disaster struck at the Games in Pescara, Italy..

She burst into tears as she was forced to stand down from her race.

Jaked boasts that the full-body swimsuit - complete with back hinge - is 'more than skin'.

However the aerodynamic costume has been the subject of controversy after it was banned by FINA (the International Swimming Federation) earlier this year because it gave swimmers wearing it an unfair advantage.

FINA lifted the ban on the swimsuit a month later, in June of this year, after Jaked, which sponsors the Italian national swim team, protested the ban.
    Zoccari - who is nearly six feet tall - later apologised for the embarrassing incident

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ship-meet.html
    RD said someone said SPUG pple use anything also mus be hiong hiong type

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-to-dress.html

worst... dun wear also cannot... lolz.

btw, can i get permission to post some g-string on the beach? treat as research work lah...
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.” ― Martha Gellhorn

this place good, beri eco friendly..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ve-morale.html
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.” ― Martha Gellhorn

http://thinkingbetterthinkingmeta.bl...m-article.html

The original unedited George Lim article!

I'm sorry, and don't take me seriously (see HUMOUR tag). I can't get enough of George Lim Heng Chye's recent article. Apparently it has been the talk of the town, the town being most of my friends. Even my wife was raving about it.

Together we have decided to "feature" the "original" letter sent to the editor by champion of public morality, George Lim. I don't think I'll be able to write such a homoerotic letter on my own without the help of a couple of female friends, who have been acquainted with erotic fiction. (thanks Joyce and Pet)

We speculate a letter of this nature could have initially been sent to the Forum editor, but had to be cut. See if you can guess what parts were added! No prizes, but it's a tough one.

Here goes:

Dear Editor,

I took my preschool daughter to Bishan Sports Hall last Saturday morning for her weekly gymnastic training. There were women and children there for various activities.

In their midst was a team of seven young men and their coach using the gymnastic equipment.

From the start of the team's routine, five young men were practically semi-nude.

They were bare-chested, their pert brown nipples sinfully aching for the caress of a grown man’s tongue.

Their rippling mid-riffs majestically bulged as they went about their routine.

Their stately muscular thighs baited a casual yet sensual session of frottage.

They wore loosely fitted knee-length trunks that exposed the succulent protrusions that were their pelvic bones below the waistline.

They strutted and pranced in their scant garments that covered only the anatomy between the lower waist and the kneecaps.

Their masculine shafts waved at me teasingly, violent yet subtle, from beneath the sheer cloth. To my great distress, I noted that the head of a curved beast that was rightfully anointed with a glistening drop of man dew.

The team frolicked and tumbled in the hall, oblivious to the parents and children around them.

I grimaced as they swung vigorously on the pommel horse, and risked slipping out of their loose trunks.

The grimace was a result of my trying desperately to hold down my tumescence, as I spied the barest hint of youthful silky scrotum while they tumbled manfully around, sweat drops gleaming on their bronzed chests.

Even worse, as they gripped the rings and the parallel bars, it did not take much gravity to expose their pubic area to the children. The perky appendages wrestled and writhed with Earth’s natural forces as they cavourted heavenward.

It was an eyesore to onlookers as the young men trampled on their modesty in public.

Bishan Sports Hall has been the de facto venue of the Singapore Open Gymnastics Championships for a number of years. It is also the proposed venue for the gymnastics competition events of the Singapore Youth Olympic Games 2010. It is the key gymnastic competition site for the Asian Youth Games.

I, therefore, urge the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports to do something about those who bare their torsos without any regard for other users. Perhaps, the authorities should impose a minimum dress code that ensures decency.

Sports that allow male athletes to train semi-nude are swimming, water polo, windsurfing and sumo wrestling. But gymnastics is a sport that requires proper leotards for women and body-fitting singlet and shorts or tights for men.

George Lim

=========================================

Could he really be the same "I am a heterosexual man, married to a heterosexual woman and we have four heterosexual children" George Lim who has written to ST on several occasions about morality?

Govt should rethink hiring of gays
    http://www.yawningbread.org/apdx_2003/imp-107.htm

All the movies are about sex and violence. Time for censors to act
    http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2006/yax-666.htm#foot1

any surprise he is also from COOS?

http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=19461